Dream beach vacation!
Customize Your Trip - Contact Us!
4 PEOPLE / 5 NIGHT STAY AT UMAYA RESORT IN PLACENCIA - BELIZE
One of the most popular destinations in Belize, Placencia is a charming village located at the southern tip of the Placencia Peninsula in southeastern Belize. Bordered on one side by a lovely mangrove-lined lagoon and on the other by the Caribbean Sea, Placencia is renowned for having some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
Whether you coming for a family vacation, a destination wedding, or romantic honeymoon, Placencia is one of the most beautiful spots in the country. It also serves as the gateway to the southern reef, a mecca for maritime activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and sailing.
Season: April 18th - December 15th
NON PROFIT PRICING: $ 3250
Estimated event price: $ 5500
Contact our representatives for terms & conditions and contract details.
Bask in the warm glow of the Caribbean sun and be lulled into a new realm of tranquility by the sound of calm seas gently reaching onto the white sand beaches of Belize’s favorite peninsula all from the comfort of this fully equipped tropical beach resort.
Stay at a two-bedroom lagoon-view room: With a master bedroom and guest room w ith corresponding bathrooms, featuring a dreamy bathtub and indulgent rainfall shower, as well as a balcony from which the majesty of nature is plain to see, the Lagoon Bayview suite is where comfort and repose await.
The resort offers:
Wifi access / Pool / Restaurant / air conditioning
What to do in Placencia:
Activities around Belize:
- Delve into the ancient caves revered, by the Maya, and take a step into ancient history and a culture gone but not forgotten.
- Explore the Jungles of Belize, and get intimate with some opf the world’s most diverse wildlife.
- Float leisurely down meandering rivers and experience Belize in everyday life. Whatever you crave, we have the adventure to fill that.
- Silk Caye Snorkel: Explore a beautiful and mysterious underwater world—wild and peaceful, diverse colours flooding all around. Snorkel along one of Belize’s greatest marine reserves, where multi-coloured walls and ridges teem with sea life.
- Sunset Cruise: Cruise through the lagoon and relax to the sight of the magnificent sun setting over the Maya Mountains. Rum Punch, chilled fruit plate, snack and water included.
- Reef Scuba Diving: Enjoy the best dive sites in Southern Belize! From spectacular reefs, to small, underwater caves, our highly-experienced dive professionals will take you on a diving excursion unlike anything you've ever encountered.
- Full Day Fishing: Enjoy a full or half day of fishing, with the option of trolling or spin-casting. Cruise around the cayes inside the Barrier Reef, exploring the best fishing areas for barracudas, jacks, snappers, and so much more.
- Ziplining & River Tubing: If adventure is what you seek, you are sure to enjoy the most scenic zipline in Belize. Fly across the valley, and cool off after in the refreshing waters of the South Stann Creek River, all while listening to the sounds of the jungle! For almost 2 miles, you will enjoy the thrills of rushing over small (Class 2) rapids and the relaxation of the slower parts of the river. Our knowledgeable guides can point out hard-to-spot birds and identify their calls, while you sit back and enjoy the ride. All participants will be provided a life jacket and helmet.
- Actun Tunichil Muknal: The adventure begins with an hour-long hike through the 6,700-acre Tapir Mountain Nature Preserve. Crossing three shallow rivers to the cave’s entrance, you get the chance to take a dip in the spring-fed pool before wading up the subterranean river. You will encounter several large caverns, including one known as the “Cathedral”, where a number of undisturbed Maya artifacts are visible—including a soaring altar, carved from the native stone. The cave is known by many names, one of which is “The Cave of the Stone Sepulcher”, due to this magnificent piece of religious artistry. See the intact skeletons of the people whose lives were sacrificed in a desperate effort to appease the gods during one of the most turbulent and difficult times in Mayan history. This adventure requires the visitor to be able to hike, swim, climb through tight spaces, and traverse large stone steps up to the inner sanctum.
- Maya Ceremonial Cave: Enjoy a scenic drive through the Maya Mountains, down to the Rainforest Lodge at Sleeping Giant, where you’ll ride through open citrus orchards by horse and buggy. The cave, located behind the Rainforest Lodge at Sleeping Giant, is reserved exclusively for guests of The Belize Collection. Very few people ever enter the cave, making it the ultimate, intimate tour experience.
- Scarlet Macaw Tour: From December to March, you have the unique opportunity to see Scarlet Macaws in the wild. Take an hour-long drive down to Red Bank village and the Swasey River for a chance to see these birds, as well as several other colourful species. Take a dip in the refreshing river whilst your guide prepares breakfast on an open fire, and return to birding for as long as you wish.
- Xunantunich & Inland Blue Hole: Take a scenic drive along the Hummingbird and Western Highways, before exploring the Mayan ruin of Xunantunich (pronounced Shu-nan-tu-nitch), or Stone Maiden. The main pyramid, El Castillo, has detailed stucco friezes and steps that you can climb all way to the top. The tour guide will stop for lunch at a local restaurant, and you’ll get to enjoy the fresh dip at the inland Blue Hole on your way back.
- Southern Ruins & Chocolate Making: Take an hour-and-a-half long drive to the Mayan site. Explore, then retire to a local restaurant for lunch before getting back to sightseeing another Mayan site. On the drive back, we'll stop at Ixcacao, the traditional Maya Chocolate Factory! Yes, you get samples, and you'll get to make your very own chocolate, the way that the Mayas did! We'll spend about an hour there before we head for home.
- Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Preserve and River Tubing: Located in Southern Belize is the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, the world's only jaguar preserve. Surrounded by the Maya Mountains and the towering Victoria's Peak, the Basin's 120,000 acres are also home to jaguarundi, margays, ocelots, pumas, deer, howler monkeys and tapirs. The park offers a wide variety of hikes, including a waterfall hike where you can dip in the refreshing waters.
- Monkey River Tour: Explore the southern coast by boat, where you will get the opportunity to see a variety of different bird species—and maybe a dolphin or two—in their natural habitat. Stop in at the village of Monkey River to place your lunch order and take a short drive upriver—look out for crocodiles on way!
RELAX AND TRAVEL
We can take care of your ground transportation in and out to make it hassle-free.
BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS WITH US AND OUR ASSOCIATES
We believe that traveling should be a hassle-free experience to be able to make great memories!
We and our associates in the flight business are going to help you find the best deals at the moment. Don't worry about it.
How to get to Placencia?
1) Fly into Belize international airport: all International flights fly into Belize City. The international airport of Belize is called Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport (BZE).
2) Fly to Placencia airport: From Belize airport we suggest booking a local 30 minute flight to the Placencia airport (PLJ). You can also go by car from the Belize airport to Umaya Resort (4 hours drive aprox).
Important airlines to be considered for international flights:
- American airlines
- United airlines
- Copa airlines
- Latam airlines
Important airlines to be considered for flights between Belize and Placencia:
- Maya Island Air
- Tropic Air
This package for four includes:
- 5 nights/ two bedroom- two bathroom stay at the beautiful Umaya Resort.
- Personalized service from our office.
- 24/7 on call contact with us. We want you to feel accompanied in every step of the way.
This package does not include:
Gratuities to tour guides and staff / Transfer from and to airport / Local or International Flights.
Optional items available for an additional fee:
Extra day or night / Upgrade to a single room / Daily tours p. person p. day / Insurance / Early and late check out / Shows / Nightlife / Extra meals / Restaurants expenses / Massages / Photo and videos, or other extras.